Day Twenty-seven through Twenty-nine: The Homestretch

Day Twenty-Seven through Twenty-Nine


The Homestretch

Tina Fey is my hero.

Day Twenty-Seven


Election Day! In true Travis County Elections style, there was a buffet of tasty treats for everyone to snack on throughout the day. The call center staff is renowned for bringing delicious food for everyone to share. My weakness: donuts. And not just any kind of donuts.  Round Rock donuts. Dan always brings a dozen Round Rock donuts to share on Election Day.  Normally, I would have walked right over to that table and snatched one up before they were gone. But, this day I had to resist.  I didn't even walk into the call center so as not to be tempted. It was easier than I thought it would be! Everyone knew I was doing a special "diet" so they didn't bother to ask me if I wanted any of the treats.  The rest of the day went really well with very little issues.  Our receiving substation, where Election workers drop off all of the equipment and supplies, went very smooth and quick. I was done by 9:30pm!  Once the Election Day stress was over, I had to prepare for an MRI...

Day Twenty- Eight


Wednesday night I had my semi-annual MRI.  Normally, I go to a place out in Round Rock but I scheduled at the location in Cedar Park thinking it would be closer.  While it was in no way closer, I found the experience to be incredibly enjoyable, despite the fact that I was going to have my head secured to a table and then my body put into a tiny tube for an hour and a half. The staff at Austin Radiological Association was so accommodating and supportive of my claustrophobia. My doctor didn't get my anxiety prescription to my pharmacy in time for the MRI and that made me even more nervous.  Knowing this, the staff talked me through each stage of the MRI process, even though I've already have three prior to this. (I'm an expert by now.) The nurse was gentle with the IV and the tech made sure to explain each stage of the tests. She even let me listen to music but I couldn't hear it over the loud knocking sounds of the MRI machine.  If you've ever had an MRI you know how loud those machines are!  Overall, the test was 90 minutes. I managed to dose off through most of it because I took Benadryl to make me sleepy.  Not sure when the results will be in, but I'm hoping for a good report.

After the MRI, we went to dinner at a nameless chicken place that has waffle fries.  I ordered a Whole 30 compliant salad but slathered on the dressing even though it contained soy and sugar. (I didn't even look at the ingredients until I had scarfed down a few bites.) I'll be honest: I just didn't care at that point about the Whole 30 rules.  I was drugged up and feeling sluggish from the meds and I had just been in a small tube for an hour and a half. Being so close to the end of my Whole 30 run made me care even less that I had "cheated."  "What's a little soy and sugar gonna do?" I asked myself.  Looking back now, I still don't regret it.  That salad was delicious.

I think that experience at unnamed chicken place really sums up the way I feel about Whole 30.  I am incredibly irritated by the ridiculous, draconian rules it places upon you. I have felt more consistent energy levels from the Whole 30 experience but I don't really have much else to take away from it.  Stay tuned to tomorrow's post on the conclusion of my Whole 30 month.
 

Day Twenty-Nine

I'm so ready for Day Thirty. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One: What did I get myself into?

Day Nine: Confession: I hate potato chips

Day Three: Confession: I hate bacon