Day Ten and Eleven: My weekend in photos

Day Ten and Eleven

Saturday, Josh and I went to San Antonio for Mother's Day weekend.  My aunt and uncle were also in town from California and I hadn't seen them in a while so it was great to spend the weekend with them. We started the weekend with lunch.  My family knows that I am on my Whole 30 month, so they were supportive when it came to choosing a restaurant. EZ's came to mind because they have great grilled options.  I called them to find out what kind of oils they use to fry food and of course, it was soy bean oil.  That nixed my sweet potato fries.  I got grilled chicken and asked for extra veggies. I even got a side of avocado to add to the chicken.  It was delicious! Everyone had a "normal" meal and I had my Whole 30 meal. I left feeling full and satisfied.  I can't say everyone felt the same with all the greasy, fried things that were on the table.  My dad kept giving me his veggies because he was worried I wasn't going to get enough food to eat.  I laughed, but thanked him for the extra broccoli.  I mean, really? Who turns down broccoli? Not this girl.


I have the best sister in the world. She is the most supportive sister! Knowing that I was worried going into the weekend that everyone would want to go out to eat for every meal, she offered to stay home with me to cook something together.  That turned into us offering to cook for everyone! It was a really great experience. Amy, Josh and I went shopping for food, prepared the menu, and started to cook the food.  We had grilled chicken and steak, grilled squash and zucchini, grilled pineapple, a spinach salad with strawberries, pears, and walnuts, and grilled corn. (I, of course, didn't eat the corn, but I really wanted to!)  It was a huge spread, but then again, we were cooking for 7 people.  Everyone loved it and left stuffed.  Again, it was mostly all Whole 30.  I got to share with them how wonderful food can taste when we don't add extra stuff to it. My only regret is that I didn't get any pictures of all the food.

We found this little gem from 1993. Thanks, sister!



Sunday was Mother's Day! We celebrated by starting our day off right with breakfast.  My mom makes the most wonderful biscuits. She made a fresh batch for everyone and I was so sad that I couldn't have one. Amy took this funny picture crossing out the biscuits as a warning to me not to eat them. Thanks, Amy!

My breakfast included eggs with spinach and sausage and a fruit salad.
Don't forget the Topo Chico and coffee in a Polish cup! I love Polish pottery.  (Christmas presents? Yes, please)

Lunch was out at another of my favorite places: Willies.  If you know me and my family, you know that we go to Willies a lot. About as much as we go to Alamo Cafe. 
I had grilled tilapia and veggies. Josh had a crawfish dish.  The plate was too pretty not to post here, even though it wasn't Whole 30 approved. 
Amy and I decided to have some fun with the crawfish. 

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! 

The girls

Curry and Mom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One: What did I get myself into?

Day Nine: Confession: I hate potato chips

Day Three: Confession: I hate bacon