Day Three: Confession: I hate bacon

**WARNING: CONTROVERSIAL OPINION ON BACON BELOW**

Day Three: Confession: I hate bacon

Today was a great day. Started out the day with a cup of black coffee with a tiny bit of coconut cream.  I've never tried coconut cream before and I can say that I do not like it.  It's pretty bad in coffee.  I'll try coconut milk next time, but black coffee really isn't that bad at all. 

I made breakfast for Josh.  He loves sweet potatoes so when I asked him if he wanted sweet potato hash browns, he couldn't say no! I've never made sweet potato hash browns before, but after today, I will continue to make them often. They were perfect. Unfortunately I didn't have a box grater to grate the potatoes.  Instead, I used my mandolin (no, not the instrument as my husband asked) and sliced them thin then chopped them into thin strips.  Little did I know until later that I had also sliced my thumb on the mandolin. Yay kitchen injuries.  I scrambled some eggs that came from my friend's backyard chickens. Breakfast done right. 
Around lunchtime, I met Ashley for tea at the new Whole Foods at the Domain. That store is so wonderful for a cook like myself. It's also a great place for someone on a Whole 30 diet because they offer many options for produce, meats, and spices that are compliant. Although I love HEB and Central Market with all of my heart, I still would recommend a little shopping at Whole Foods.  After all, it's an Austin company! #golocal

The crown jewel of my evening was dinner.  We had slow cooker chipotle pork with pineapple coleslaw.  I hardly ever eat pork.  Just ask anyone that knows me. I HATE BACON. I hate bacon so much that just the smell of it cooking makes me nauseous. I won't eat anything that has bacon in it.  Pigs are disgusting. But, as I discovered tonight, pigs in the form of pork roasts are delicious.  Now, don't think that I will be trying bacon anytime soon.  I have zero interest in adding that to my diet. GROSS.  I'm also aware that I've offended about 95% of readers at this point. At any rate, you can find the recipe for pork roast here at Primally Inspired if you are interested in it.  I highly recommend it even if I did make a few modifications to it.  (I didn't have any mayo, didn't top it with avocado and didn't use BBQ sauce.) I will certainly make this recipe after this month is up and I'd love to try it with BBQ sauce.  

Cravings are increasing but I am doing a good job and refocusing my mind.  Today I kept thinking about rice.  I really want some rice. But overall, it was just a relaxing day today.  Nothing insightful to say just yet, but I'm working on it. Just wanted to keep myself accountable to the blog and let you in on my relaxing day. I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday.

Comments

  1. I'm about to rock your world. Grate sweet potatoes for a hash, but add some ground breakfast sausage to the mix.. Put a fried egg on top. My favorite breakfast of life and it's Whole 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea! I'll try it this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day One: What did I get myself into?

Day Nine: Confession: I hate potato chips